Thursday, March 13, 2008

March 13

Thursday morning...

We have now been on the road a full week! This is the first time we have had internet access, so only now checking email, or posting anything new! (I have written almost daily, but need to figure out how to import stuff from word documents!)
Here we sit in an internet cafe in Pacifica, overlooking the ocean on a typical overcast drizzling day! (and we left town for this?!) Actually, the weather has not bothered me a bit!!
Yesterday Bob had the pleasure of driving through San Francisco.... We took a few pix of the Golden Gate bridge before we crossed, then headed into the traffic chaos. I was not kind to my fingers.... It seemed like we were the only ones foolish enough to drive a camper through town!
Once we settled into our RV digs here in Pacifica, we took the bus, then BART into the city.
Hey, girlfriends.... I remember that area, cuz that was my intro to San Fran! We wandered around.... mostly window gazing, hoofed it through China town, into the Italian district where we had a lovely dinner at Pinnochio's. Hey, wasn't that the same place us girls went?
Being back in a major city, and riding public transport reminded me of my years of Chicago.... and how glad I am that I don't live in a city any more. Fun to visit, but all those people, all that stuff, the commotion, the traffic is just tooooo much.
In about an hour, we leave here to go Santa Cruz... hopefully we will have time for a bike ride. My legs were a bit twitchy last night..... after a couple of days "off" from those daily doubles, I need some exercise! Especially, after that pasta meal last night!

No comments: